Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FlyLady Adventures Day 4

Dia Duit!! :o)

If I had to grade myself on my FlyLadyness today I suppose it would be about a B-. My sink is STILL shining...and I can't tell you how happy that makes me!! I am not dressed to shoes though. Can I justify it by saying I'm doing laundry and that way all my clothes will be clean?? And I did go to the other website and read the two inspirational testimonies for today :o) I appreciate that they're uplifting and encouraging...but also short.

On Day 4 we are supposed to put Stickies/Post-its on our bathroom mirror and above our kitchen sink. It doesn't say what these are supposed to say though...and quite honestly I think I may skip this step as she intended it and make it work for me. In both places I will put a scripture that reminds me of my God given calling. Proverbs 31 will be used for both of them I'm sure ;o)

FlyLady takes the house and breaks it into zones, then she concentrates on one zone a week ontop of our regular things...this way everything gets done every few weeks, and if you missed it then it'll get done in a few weeks again. This week we are in Zone 5...which is the Living Room/Family Room. I missed yesterdays tasks because I had to take my beloved for his root canal, and then I had to come home and work all day on getting my Ebay business back up and running.

Today I will complete both tasks. Monday we were to take the timer and set it for 15 minutes and then get rid of as much stuff as we can that doesn't belong in these rooms. Stuff that has been shoved in a corner, on the floor etc. This is NOT a deep clean...just 15 minutes of surface decluttering. I can do that :o) Today's task is to set the timer then for 5 minutes and do a detailed dusting in the living room. I can tell you that my ceiling fan is in desperate need. I have a few other knick knacks that need to be done too.


I'm appreciating the FlyLady method more this time. I suppose it may be because I have so much going on that I don't have enough time to think about things this time. I'm not debating "will it work, should I do more, this doesn't make sense, what's the point..." etc. I just want to get it done and move on!

One of the things she often says in regards to the status of our house is there is hope for those of us in CHAOS..Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. I'd REALLY like to get out of CHAOS!!

And just to add humor to my day Princess number 3 just came in and got a wipey...she has peanut butter and jelly in her armpit. LOL I don't know how...I don't wanna know how...I'm just going to be thankful for the comic relief...and make her clean up the mess ;o) LOL

Dia Duit my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment