Saturday, July 31, 2010

FlyLady Adventures after 1 Week

Dia Duit my friends :o)

Today is Saturday...one of my favorite days of the week because it is date night with my darling :o) I'm so thankful for my oldest who is able and willing to watch the younger girls so that we can go out. It makes all the difference in the world for me to get a little break. I LOVE my girls...I wouldn't trade them, and homeschooling them, for the world...but a few hours with just my darling each week is a much needed break and time to recharge. I'm not sure where we're going tonight...going to see which restaurants have coupons, but it doesn't really matter either!

Today also marks one week that I have been Flying with FlyLady :o) I must say it's been a remarkable week! There is a long way to go before I'm completely out of CHAOS, but we made a significant dent in it this week!! The momentum is going and I'm feeling really good about things. Let me list a few of our accomplishments this week...and I say our because my girls DO help and have been pretty good about keeping up what I've done ;o)

The sink has shined for one week straight!! I'm not sure I can say that's ever happened before. My oldest still thinks drying out the sink is silly, but that's ok...she'll get it someday.

The shine has taken over both sides of the counter next to the sink!! They're completely cleaned off, wiped down, decluttered...nice open counters :o)

The shine jumped over to the other counters and stove...they're all shining now as well :o) I bought new drip pans...such an exciting thing! They now have porcelain covered drip pans for electric stoves...I did a little happy dance right there in the aisle ;o) LOL My Grammie always had a gas stove and I liked the porcelain covered burners so much better...they clean up so much better! I also bought new burner covers for the stove. They have roosters on them. I have fought the rooster urge for a long time, but everytime I buy something or see something I like it has some sort of roosterish thing going on...I think I'm going to finally stop fighting it and just enjoy the things that make me smile and keep my happy...even if they are large obnoxious birds LOL

The walls in my kitchen were all washed, along with the range hood.

The pantry and backdoor area have been decluttered and cleaned up and out. It's looking much better there. I still need a better system in place...and I'm thinking about what that would have to be to really work for me.

The laundry room has had a good size dent put in it. The laundry is just about caught up. There is still ALOT of work to do in there...alot of stuff just needs to be released...15 minutes at a time!!

The main bathroom is cleaner and less cluttered. Still got a ways to go in there...but I will rejoice in the progress that was made! I have more plans for the bathrooms in the coming weeks. I need to find crocks for the toilet brushes and I want to find some sort of container to keep cleaning wipes in to make the swish and swipe easier and more convenient. I took 5 minutes today and started working on decluttering all the makeup and hair stuff that I have.

The shower in my room was scrubbed today. These are the little things that FlyLady says that just make all the sense in the world...but I never thought of it. What she says is to scrub the shower/tub for just two minutes while the conditioner is settin on your hair. I felt so silly when I looked down and realized I had had a scrubbie sponge in there all this time and had never thought of that. So today while my hair was being conditioned I got the entire shower stall scrubbed including the floor. When I was done I just threw the sponge on the floor and scrubbed with my feet while rinsing the conditioner out. Nice and clean...and DONE! Genius!!

The livingroom is much nicer. We got rid of a few bags of clutter...some trash and some went to Goodwill. The Hot Spot ontop of the shelf is gone :o) The ceiling fan is dusted and smiling at me along with the rest of the room. The room is now no more than a 5 minute room rescue from company ready :o)

My Ebay stuff is cleaned up, organized, and stacked neatly in new totes. I took one of our little milk crate type totes and put all my Ebay business stuff in it. All the envelopes, bags, scales etc...all nice and neat :)

I have been up and dressed all but the one day. I have not laid my clothes out physically...but I have thought "what will I wear tomorrow?" decide, and then make sure it's clean and hanging ready.

So I'm thinking that has been a very productive first week :) I'm excited about what has been done, and what I anticipate being done this coming week! I'm still working on trying to figure out the schedule some. I have my most basic routines...but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing inbetween yet.

I'm off to get ready for my big date :-D I am so incredibly blessed!!

Dia Duit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment