Monday, December 6, 2010

More Coupons!

Because I homeschool, and because I crave fellowship with other Christian women who are walking a simular road as I am, I belong to a forum online. It's a wonderful group of women and I have found some of my very best nearest and dearest friends thru there. We share lots of our lives together...and it was thru one of those sharings that a friend in PA mentioned a website where she buys her coupons.

www.lorihas3kids.com

So I went to check it out. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I've been quite happy with my first purchase and I have ordered again this past week.

She has the coupons listed by week. They are sold in sets of 20 (most of them) and are usually $1 (some of the big ticket ones I've seen for $2.50, but not many). So when you put in quantity 1, you will really be getting 20 of the same coupon. My first order I got 40 Fleishman yeast coupons that don't expire till April 2011 and 20 Sargento Cheese coupons that were save 50 cents off two packs. Kroger will of course double that so it's $1 off two packs.

This week Sargento cheese was 2/$4...subtract from that the $1 coupon for each two bags...and I paid $1.50 a bag for Sargento shredded cheese :-D We love the fancy blends they have...so I stocked up on 36 bags.

Note of warning...The Kroger register automatically stopping accepting the coupons once the first ten were used. Evidently it's a program thing. The young man had to call a CSM over to overide the other ones. She checked to make sure I had bought all 36 bags of cheese (and that I wasn't trying to use one coupon on one bag) and then ok'd the other 8 coupons. Had she not I would have had him just stop there and do a seperate order to continue my savings. But just wanted you all to know incase you run into the same thing. You may want to split up your orders between different shoppers with you, or hit several stores nearby if one is out of something you want.

The shipping with www.lorihas3kids.com is free if you go regular mail. This past order I put in on Sunday, I've already gotten an email confirmation that they have been shipped out on Monday here, and I expect them in my mailbox by Wednesday...which is perfect because Thursday is Payday and shop shop day :-D She is in FL...so depending on your location shipping times will vary.

And just a note on savings...I paid $3 for that first order of coupons. I have already saved $18 just on the Sargento cheese. Was it worth it...you betcha! :-D I'll wait till yeast goes on sale and then use my other 40 coupons there for even more savings.

Another saving tip...another way to trim a few dollars off the budget to then turn around and invest it in the Food Storage plan...I hear McDonald's in my head singing "I'm lovin it!" LOL

Dia Duit dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment