Monday, August 2, 2010

FlyLady Adventures Week Two

Dia Duit my friends :o)

Today is Day 9 of my Baby Steps! Things are still going very well!!

I thought perhaps I should copy down the actual steps I am now doing. Yesterdays step was to start the Control Journal. I of course was all about the Control thing ;o) Today step is to add a 5 minute room rescue to my morning routine.

FlyLady splits everything into routines, which has been helpful because not only do I know what I'm supposed to do...but it's forcing me to do it when it needs to be done. When I had all the chores just listed out I would save the ones I didn't want to do till last...then of course something would come up and I wouldn't get them done.

Morning Routine so far is:
Up and Dressed to shoes. Fix hair and face.
Looking at reminders
Throw a load of laundry in
Going to Big Tent and reading the messages. I've also been checking the Facebook...it's great, very interactive and encouraging :)
Recognize the negative voices and get rid of them
Put out Hot Spots for 2 minutes

During the Day:
Decluttering is being added today. She doesn't state a room to start with...so I'm going to go with this weeks Zone, which is Zone 1, the front porch, entrance to your house, and diningroom. All of those areas are in great need of decluttering. I am planning to do at least one hour of decluttering a day. I'd like to get two hours in if possible before we start school up in a couple weeks.

Before Bed Routine:
Keep Sink Shining
Lay out clothes for tomorrow
Put out a Hot Spot for 2 minutes

I was reading this morning that we shouldn't be doing the Zone cleaning till we're done decluttering...but I just don't see how that can be. It could take months to fully declutter 15 minutes at a time...surely we should do some cleaning in that time ;o) So I will do the Zone work...but I won't start detailed cleaning until it's all decluttered.

I also realized I tend to think of my house as a whole, and not in the Zones. That has been very eye opening. Just because the dining room isn't ready for detail work does NOT mean that I can't do it in the Living room if it IS ready. It's funny how "all or nothing" I am without even realizing it.

Well...off to Flutter this morning :o) I still need to put out my morning hot spot and then work on my daily work :o)

Dia Duit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment