Tuesday, August 3, 2010

FlyLady Adventures Day 10

Dia Duit, my friends :o)

Today is a test!! We all have those moments in our life where we have to take a test...will I do what I said I was going to do? Was I serious about making better choices? Do I really believe what I say I believe, when it isn't the easy thing to do??

My first test came at 7:30 this morning. My neighbor has asked if one of my girls can be in the theater production of Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, I had said yes...I made a commitment. Tonight is my craft night, and a meeting at my church for the yard/craft sale that I am involved in. I assure you I would MUCH rather go to my craft night and sit and yap with wonderful women....but this is a test. Will my "yes be yes"...yes it will.

My second test was FlyLady...was I serious about wanting to change and do I really believe this will work? Yes and Yes again! I didn't get to bed till after 1am. My very dearest friend had to take one of her sons to the hospital last night. Praise God he is ok, although we are still praying for healing, it's not urgent now. But I could not sleep for the burden I had to pray for him...love him dearly :o) I don't mean to whine about not sleeping...It was my honor and greatest desire to be praying for him at that time. I couldn't have slept if I wanted to...it's like one of my own being there.

But the fact is that I didn't sleep alot. I had set my alarm back to 6:30 as it was to give myself the extra hour...but I was still pretty whipped when I woke up then. Today is exactly the day that I would crash and burn with every other self motivated routines or cleaning systems I had tried. Today I just wouldn't feel like it, so I wouldn't...and boy is it easier to undo what you've done, than it is to do it in the first place! Just one off day could send two weeks of work right down the drain.

Today that isn't happening though :o) I woke up tired. I'm not all dressed and lovely looking today. But I woke up and my sink was shining! My coffee was waiting for me because getting it ready and programming it is part of my Before Bedtime Routine. I was able to throw a load of laundry right in the machines. My dinner had already been planned last night and was waiting in the fridge...so it took no thought when I had to pull it out and make the cabbage rolls this morning. We even had breakfast planned...it was left over pizza...but it was PLANNED left over pizza! ;o)

Nothing has fallen apart :o) I had my list of things that I needed to get done today...and they'll actually GET done! And who knows...maybe I'll even be able to sneak a quick nap in before the afternoon is over :o)

Today I will be doing my 2 minute Hot Spot work, a 5 minute room rescue in the laundry room, and at least two 15 minute declutterings in the dining room.

Today I will FLY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment