Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What 9 Days of Flying have done!

I realize there are some very brave brave individuals who will post before and after pictures of their work. I am not that brave!! lol But I truely do appreciate that they do so that I can be inspired. I hope my after pictures can inspire you enough without seeing what it was before.


My Darling Husband hung this shelf for me today. It has been waiting for a home...for almost four years now. I just never could find the perfect place to put it :? My Grandfather made this for me. He has passed on, but I think of him whenever I see it and smile.
This was the number one Hot Spot in our house. This is right near our backdoor...so everyone would bring things in and throw it there. Or if we were needing to do something on the other counters then we'd move what was there to here. I had a couple bread machines and all sorts of things there. Now it is a place that makes me smile!!

This is the back door area, where we come in and out of the house. Part of Zone 1 work is the Entrance to your home. This is a $2 wreath I picked up at Goodwill on my date night with my Darling this past Saturday. The colors are so bright and cheerful it just welcomes and smiles at you as you come in the door. Making a house a home does NOT have to be expensive.


My "new" stove...at least it feels like it! All cleaned and ready to go. The fan I picked up at a yardsale for $4. I love the "old" things. The outside of it is actually metal! lol




This is beneath the wreath. There are lots of mismatched shoes...but I'm sure we'll find the others eventually LOL


And this is what I woke up to this morning. After a rough night my sink was shining, my coffee had perked, and I already felt like I was ahead of the game. The canister set in the corner is one of my most favorite things. My Grammie had the same set for all the years I can remember growing up...such happy memories. I found it at a yardsale as well. I paid $20 for it...and it was worth every penny!!
I hope the pictuers inspire you to go and check out FlyLady. I have not come up with any of this myself...I'm just following her program and taking my Baby Steps. God has blessed her indeed...and she has shared that blessing with us...and for that I am VERY thankful!!







1 comment:

  1. Loving that shiny sink in the last picture!!! It makes ME smile!!!

    ReplyDelete