Friday, August 6, 2010

A Moment In Time

Dia Duit, my friends :o)

I'm coming to the close of the second week of my FlyLady adventures. I'm pretty happy with where I am :o) I took one day this week and went out with a friend. We hit the Goodwill and I picked up a few items for my Ebay work. Then we browsed the cute little country craft shop that I could never stop in with the girls. It was great, but definitely NOT child friendly. Then yesterday was shop shop day...always such long days. So even with two days of non-stop running...my house still looks good! YAY! The sink is still shining, along with the counters and stove. My living room is still shining, all nice and cozy and welcoming. My back entryway is still shining, that's been a bit harder with all our shoes, but we're getting it done. My pantry and laundry room are still not quite where I'd like them to be, but they look SO much better! My main bath is shimmering, it's about 90% done...just a few more touches I want to add, but lookin real good :o) There are still a few areas down here that really need some work, but I'm so much more confident now that I will be able to get it all done AND maintain it!!

I have been working on switching my internal clock back. Years ago I had to start staying up late and that started a vicious cycle. I really am so much more of a morning person. I can get three times the amount of work done if I can just get up early and get started before my body even realizes it's awake. My aunt, NeeNee, used to get up very early. We used to think she was a bit crazy...but now I totally understand! I've done real well with making myself go to bed at 10pm and waking up at 5am. It's a hard thing for the body to do...but I am determined...I believe I will be better able to serve my family by being up early in the morning.

I found a new gizmo while at the craft store this week. It's a terra cotta ring that sits ontop of a regular lightbulb. You put scented oil in the ring and then when you turn on the light it is warmed and makes the room smell good. It's genius and really works very well. Only a couple drops of oil is needed. I love smelly things and am always looking for ways to do it without flames so that the girls can't get hurt or a fire can't be started. It was only a couple dollars...well worth it.

Yesterday while out doing my shop shop I dropped off my new sewing machine. New being a relative term...it's new to me. Actually it's a BEAUTIFUL 1965 Kenmore Sears Sewing Machine :o) It's cast iron covered in an enamel coating. It weighs a ton!! But it's just gorgeous!! My neighbor was so sweet and kind to give it to me...I can't think of the last thing that excited me so. She still had all the original paperwork, accessories, even the boxes. The motor would try to work...but the needle wasn't moving. I think maybe after all these years it was just a bit gummed up. So I took it to a local lady who does sewing machine repairs with her son. I'm hoping to have it back by next week so I can finally start sewing some! I have plans for aprons, dish towels, and all sorts of goodies :o) While at Goodwill the other day I found a fabric over in the domestics department. It's a quilted Christmas Tree Skirt with the Nativity on it :o) I absolutely loved it...and even more so when I found out it was only $2! I've been wanting to redo our Christmas decorations for two years now but never found that one piece to inspire me...I think I have now. It makes me happy and makes me smile...that's what I was waiting for :o)

As I wrap this up I'm listening to John Denver sing Leaving On A Jet Plane...it was one of my mothers favorites :o) And today we are leaving...well the girls and I are. We're headed to my sisters for an overnight visit...she lives about 3 1/2 hours from here. If I want to leave here in 4 hours I should probably pack something ;o) Till I get home..

Dia Duit!

No comments:

Post a Comment